Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, May 14, 2012

10 Quick Fixes for a Bad Hair Day

10 Quick Fixes for a Bad Hair Day

Tip for those who let their hair air dry, I love the summer heat, but even my naturally straight, relatively easy-to-deal-with hair has trouble on a humid day. Especially now that I get it colored so often. Plus, who has the time to deal with whatever craziness is happening on your head in the morning? I’m too busy changing my outfit 15 times and looking for a complete pair of shoes.  Here are all of the things I use when things just aren’t going my way

This powder is such a cool new product.
Like the name says, it actually "grips" your hair. You put a small pile in your hand work it through your hair about halfway down until the ends. It's the best thing I've used in terms of "holding" a style together and adding texture.
This headband looks really chic when added to a top knot.
Floral-print silk headband, Erdem, $140, Netaporter.com
All of my friends use this thing for touch-ups.
Create 1 inch curls. Spay them and then loosen them out. The result is really sexy waves.
Bad hair days call for a little fun!
Marc by Marc hair clips, $68, Couture.zappos.com
No one will care what your hair looks like if you're wearing a Lanvin turban.
Crepe-jersey turban headband, $500, Lanvin, Netaporter.com
It's discreet and it'll keep everything looking sleek.
Tortoise double headband, $16, Jcrew.com
Baseball hats have made a huge comeback this year.
Baseball cap, $735, Kenzo, Openingceremony.us
Add a little life to your boring ponytail!
Star Bow Barrette, $20, Topshop.com
If things are really dire, dry shampoo is usually the answer to all of your hair woes.
This new-ish one by Serge Normant smells SO GOOD.